Don Carter is Georgia’s newest state park, as well as the first state park on 38,000 acre Lake Lanier. Situated on the north end of the reservoir, the park offers outstanding recreation for water lovers. Guests can stay cool at a large, sand swimming beach with bath house. Boat ramps provide quick access to the lake, while a multi-use trail welcomes hikers and bikers to explore the hardwood forest.
This new park offers several choices for overnight getaways as well. Two-bedroom cabins are perched on wooded hillsides near the lake. One campground is designed specifically for RVs, while another primitive camping area is just for tents and hammocks. The campground and cottage loop is gated, providing access to overnight guests.
The park is named in honor of real-estate executive Don Carter who served on the Georgia Department of Natural Resources board for 29 years and worked to establish Lake Lanier’s first state park.
Seasons Open: Year Round
Office Hours: Park 7 a.m.–10 p.m. Office 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Membership: No Information Available.
Credit Cards Accepted:
Big Rigs Welcome
Grill at Site
Over 35 Ft
Swimming Lake/Stream etc.
4147 Cleveland Highway, Gainesville, GA, 30506View Business Details
Current Deals: Tell us you found us on MobileRVing.com!
• Lake Lanier Olympic Venue
• Mountain Fresh Creamery
• Francis Meadows Aquatic Center
• Quinlan Visual Arts Center
• Northeast Georgia History Center
• Gainesville Main Street & Historic Downtown Square
• INK the Interactive Neighborhood for Kids
• Chattahoochee Golf Club
• Lakeshore Mall
• Jaemor Farm Market
• North Georgia Canopy Tours
Cabbage Patch Kids/ Babyland General Hospital
• Elachee Nature Science Center
Dahlonega Gold Museum & Historic Downtown
• Flowery Branch Historic Downtown Shops & Dining
• Road Atlanta
Alpine Village of Helen
• Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia
Smithgall Woods State Park
• Lake Lanier Islands Resort – Beach, Golf, Waterpark & More
• Mt Yonah
• Chattahoochee River
To get complete information about
resort and travelling, please download the resort guide.